Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Channel Formation

Last week I was able to complete a preliminary sample of a layer of PMMA on silica.  I am still awaiting the results as to how thick the layer was deposited, but hopefully somewhere in the neighborhood of 150 nm (according to the protocol I was attempting to replicate).  I really enjoyed working with the graduate assistants and professors at TU because they were very friendly and helpful.  They could have just have easily left me to my own devices in a foreign laboratory but they helped me find equipment and supplies early one and I was able to figure out the rest as the day went on.  All in all,so far, it has been a pleasant and productive experience and I look forward to continuing my collaboration with them. I will be returning to Tulsa this Thursday to continue the preparation work and when the e-beam technician returns the week afterwards we will be able to form the channels!

No comments:

Post a Comment