Monday, June 18, 2012

Taking a small step back can be a good thing

After conferring with one of the research scientists helping me with the etching, the methanol soak may not have removed anything as we had hoped.  It is still looking promising that a sample of nanopillars, usable or not, will be completed before the end of June.  So either way I am to be moving forward, which is good.  On the other hand I am still feeling as though if these don't work or are not up to the specifications that we need them that a lot of time has been ill spent.  Looking on the bright side, it has given me opportunities to learn about what surface we are looking for and look for different approaches at getting it.  In other words, if it does not work then I have a few other options that I can switch to without having to spend more time researching.
I still have not heard back from the contact that has offered to help us with the channels, but with any luck that end of the project will also be up and running by the end of June as well.
As my summer class also come to an end, I'm feeling the pressure from several different sides to produce results and the feeling of being overwhelmed has crept up more than a few times.  However, taking one thing at a time and making sure to manage my time efficiently is definitely keeping me sane.  There is something to be said for a well used day planner.

No comments:

Post a Comment